This is primarily an infrastructure release. There are also bugfix and contributed module updates in this release as well as a few feature updates. WordPress Core was updated to version 4.7.3 (a security release) during this release cycle as a hotfix on March 6 2016. It is immediately available for all ProudCity Hosted sites and for download on Github under the GNU Affero GPL v3 open source license.
What changes will I notice?
We overhauled our infrastructure during this release. Many longtime customers have been migrated over to our Google Cloud Kubernetes containerized hosting platform. Our newer customers should noticed faster page load speeds due to improved caching layers. The most noticable new feature are breadcrumbs, which appear right below department titles on department subpages. View the full changelog below for a list of additional features and bugfixes.
What’s up next?
Release 1.28.0 will be another primarily bugfix release.
Version 1.28.0 will be released on March 30, 2017.
Updates and new features
- Infrastructure updates #918 #916 #911
- Add breadcrumbs above secondary menu #785
- Theme esignature page #861
- Add support for domain redirects #914
- Mobile iconset formatting #872
- Card styles on xs-2 misses sm media-query size #896
- Improve parsing of local services hours text #874
- Search: Clicking on Answer does not bring you to service center #895
Hotfixes since previous release
- 1.26.1: Search: Clicking on Answer does not bring you to service center (service-center) #895
- 1.26.2: Upgrade elasticpress to 2.2 (elasticpress, wp-proud-search-elastic) #894
- 1.26.3: Hide Proud Elasticsearch error message (wp-proud-search-elastic) #897
- 1.26.4: WordPress core 4.7.3 security release #901
WordPress Core Update
- WordPress core was updated to the 4.7.3 security release as a hotfix on March 6 2016.
3rd party plugin updates (https://github.com/proudcity/wp-proudcity/commit/)
- wp-job-manager: 1.25.2 -> 1.25.3