This release contains a ton of new features, widgets, bugfixes, and contributed plugin updates. We have added a number of contributed plugins to add functionality as well. There are no WordPress core updates in this release. It is immediately available for all ProudCity Hosted sites and for download on Github under the GNU Affero GPL v3 open source license.
What changes will I notice?
During this release cycle, there were a number of hotfixes, so many of these updates may already be familiar. Documents, Answers and other posts can be reordered by drag and drop on the admin list page. We have added a broken link checker (Go to Settings > Broken Links to fix broken links on your site). We added a number of new widgets and options to existing list widgets (see the changelog below for full details). In the Actions Box, we created a new Issues post type so you can enable issues even if you are not integrating with one of our partners (with forms, or linking out to another system). Contact us to enable this. We also added the ability to add a Custom tab to the issues box. There is a new “semi-transparent” topnav setting and restyled the topnav links. Further updates to the topnav will come during the 1.17.0 release cycle as a hotfix. There are many other bugfixes and new features, so be sure to scan the expansive changelog below.
What’s up next?
Release 1.17.0 will be another large feature and bugfix release with standard 3rd party updates.
Version 1.17.0 will be released on October 21, 2016.
- Slider menu starting level 1 not height checked #601
- Search: departments have “sorry, this menu has been initialized without a valid option” message in search results #594
- Phone number missing from location detail #592
- 311 actions box: Increase limit to number of Issue categories displayed, number of posts within a category that are shown #595
- Social media links appearing in Agency table even when Hide checkbox is checked #588
- Document list table giving fatal error #584
- Add new location error #585
- Form Issue not showing in 311 app #571
- & symbol displaying as HTML code on issue topics #563
- External link departments not linking out for new image display style #569
- Social wall breaks to 2 columns on firefox #558
- Gap on sliding menu #557
- Location detail shows email icon even if email detail isn’t included #590
- Allow ordering documents, contacts, agencies #521
- Agency: Add ability to turn contact name into link #593
- Topnav style: add border if topnav color is white #599
- Map: Add parking icon #591
- Fix issue display in search #559
- Forms: add surveys #500 (Contact us to enable)
- Add card display for docs #577
- Add Broken link checker #570
- Content lists: Limit display options to only what is possible for post type #568
- Add Category setting to Events list panel #573
- Posts list: 0 should show all items, cutting off at 10 #565
- Answers: Create content list widget #488
- Agency: Add “Do not display in lists” option #499
- Documents list: add Mini List display #589
- Agency list: Add new media teaser type #553
- Add transparent navbar option #554
- Add featured post option for news + events #555
- Allow icon additional icon sets for iconpicker #556
- 311 actions app: Add custom tab #530
- 311 actions app: Don’t show tabs if only one tab is enabled #551
Hotfixes since previous release
- 1.15.1: Sep 22 2016: Primary Links submenus are displaying documents instead of the menu #534 (wp-proud-core)
- 1.15.2: Sep 22 2016: documents pager broken #506 (wp-proud-core)
- 1.15.3: Sep 23 2016: Documents: unable to edit the published info, the area to edit won’t expand #544(wp-proud-document)
- 1.15.4: Sep 23 2016: Email, telephone links open blank tab #537 (wp-proud-theme)
- 1.15.5: Sep 23 2016: Adding location: fields not set properly in Address autocomplete #527 (wp-proud-document)
- 1.15.5: Sep 28 2016: Agency: Add “Do not display in lists” option #499 (wp-proud-core, wp-proud-agency)
- 1.15.7: Answers: Create content list #466 (wp-proud-core, wp-proud-theme)
- 1.15.8: #488, #500, #553, #554, #555, #556, #558, #559, #561, #563, #569, #570, #571, #573, #577 (wp-proud-core, wp-proud-admin, wp-proud-search, wp-proud-actions-app, wp-proud-theme)
WordPress Core Update
- There is no WordPress core update in this release.
3rd party plugin updates (3404598)
- siteorigin-panels 2.4.15 -> 2.4.16 https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/changelog/
- w3-total-cache 0.9.4.1 -> 0.9.5.1 https://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/changelog/
- auth0 3.2.6 -> 3.2.9 https://wordpress.org/plugins/auth0/changelog/
- rest-api 2.0-beta13 -> 2.0-beta14 https://wordpress.org/plugins/rest-api/changelog/
- wp-api-menus 1.3.0 -> 1.3.1 https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-api-menus/changelog/
- wordpress-seo 3.5 -> 3.6.1 https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/changelog/