The major feature update in this release was a rebuilding of ProudCity maps that was pushed as a hotfix in this release. See below for details on changes and opportunities with the new maps. In addition, the WordPress Core 4.7.4 maintenance release, third party plugin updates, and standard ProudCity bugfixes and minor feature updates are included in this release. It is immediately available for all ProudCity Hosted sites and for download on Github under the GNU Affero GPL v3 open source license.
What changes will I notice?
The major update in this release was the rebuilding of our maps. The new maps use Google Maps (instead of Mapbox), which allows us to add some nice new features: customized pins, better default pins, and the ability to map more interesting Geojson and Shapefile datasets in the future. Now creating custom pins got easier with the color and icon picker on each layer location (if a location has more than one layer tag, it will respect the “primary tag” option). Read our blog post for full details and screenshots.
Other changes in this release were mostly bugfixes in nature and should not have any noticeable changes.
What’s up next?
Release 1.31.0 will be another primarily bugfix release.
Want to see something that isn’t listed here? Tweet it to us. View our full product roadmap.
Version 1.31.0 will be released on May 18, 2017.
- New maps: Convert maps to google, use routing, make extensible #967 (hotfix)
- Change language for news, events and documents Dates to just “Posted [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][date]” #947 (hotfix)
- Location layers: make “Primary Term” be the basis for icon, color in REST #978
- Calendar week starts on Monday, not Sunday #929
- Location layer won’t save on service map widget #951
- composer.json building: not checking out specific branches #947
Hotfixes since previous release
- 1.29.1 – Convert maps: to google, use routing, make extensible (wp-proud-map-app, wp-proud-theme, service-center, wp-proud-location) #967
- 1.29.2 – Change language for news, events and documents Dates to just “Posted [date]” (wp-proud-core, wp-proud-theme) #947
- 1.29.3 Service Center secondary page templates broken (wp-proud-actions-app) #966, composer.json building: not checking out specific branches #974 (wp-proudcity)
- 1.29.4 Update angular versions in proud libraries (wp-proud-core) #968
- 1.29.5 (Service Center) Social wall url conflict (wp-proud-core, wp-proud-social-app) #975
- 1.29.6 Location layers: make “Primary Term” be the basis for icon, color in REST (wp-proud-location) #978
- 1.29.7 K Parks: image set upload image broken (wp-proud-core) #986
WordPress Core Update
- WordPress Core was upgraded from version 4.7.3 to 4.7.4. This was a [https://wordpress.org/news/2017/04/wordpress-4-7-4/](Maintenance Release) with minimal new features. There should be no noticable changes with this release.
3rd party plugin updates (https://waffle.io/proudcity/wp-proudcity/cards/58f03505bb57d30074fb97da)
- w3-total-cache: 0.9.5.2 -> 0.9.5.4
- wordpress-seo: 4.6 -> 4.7
- siteorigin-panels: 2.4.25 -> 2.5.2
- so-widgets-bundle: 1.8.2 -> 1.8.5