This is primarily a bugfix and contributed module update release. During the last release cycle, the WordPress Core security update 4.8.3 was applied as Hotfix 1.41.2 the day it was released on October 30 2017. It is immediately available for all ProudCity Hosted sites and for download on Github under the GNU Affero GPL v3 open source license.
What changes will I notice?
We now use the Microsoft Office document viewer to preview Word, Excel and Powerpoint files in the Document Library. PDF files continue to be previewed using the Google Docs Viewer.
The other large updates during this release were to our two new addons: ProudCity Kiosk and ProudCity Intranet. Keep an eye on our Blog during the next couple weeks for examples and videos of our two newest platforms. Let us know if you are interested in bringing an interactive Directory to your City Hall, or better project management to your city operations.
What’s up next?
Release 1.43.0 will be another primarily bugfix release with additional back-end updates.
Want to see something that isn’t listed here? Tweet it to us. View our full product roadmap.
Version 1.43.0 will be released on November 16, 2017.
- Preview Office files in Microsoft Online viewer, other files in Google Docs viewer #1170
- Service center: make placeholder match tabs #1173
- Service center Kiosk launch #1160
- Event detail doesn’t display end time #1115
Hotfixes since previous release
- Hotfix 1.41.1: Kiosk Launch (wp-proud-actions-app, wp-proud-sr-ca-theme) #1160
- Hotfix 1.41.2: WordPress Core security update 4.8.3 #1171, 2017-10-30
WordPress Core Update
- The WordPress Core security update 4.8.3 was appled as Hotfix 1.41.2 the day it was released on October 30 2017.
3rd party plugin updates (01c073c)
- wordpress-seo 5.6.1 -> 5.7.1
- wp-mail-smtp 0.10.1 -> 0.11.1
- so-widgets-bundle 1.10.1 -> 1.10.2
- elasticpress 2.3.2 -> 2.4