This is primarily a bugfix and contributed plugin update release. This release includes two WordPress Core updates: the WordPress 4.9.3 Maintenance Release and the WordPress 4.9.4 Maintenance Release (see details below). It is immediately available for all ProudCity Hosted sites and for download on Github under the GNU Affero GPL v3 open source license.
What changes will I notice?
There should be no noticable changes in this release.
What’s up next?
There will be continued infrastructure improvements in the next release cycles. Release 1.50.0 will be a primarily a bugfix release.
Version 1.50.0 will be released on February 28, 2018.
- SEO meta description not functioning as expected #1244
- Only use SiteOrigin_Widget_Image_Widget. Hide WP_Widget_Media_Image #1243
Hotfixes since previous release
- Hotfix 1.48.1: SEO meta description not functioning as expected (wp-proud-core) #1244
WordPress Core Update
- This release includes two WordPress Core updates: the WordPress 4.9.3 Maintenance Release and the WordPress 4.9.4 Maintenance Release. The 4.9.3 Maintenance Release included many minor bugfixes, especially to the customizer interface. The 4.9.3 Maintenance Release fixed a serious issue that did not affect ProudCity Platform users.
3rd party plugin updates (6339918)
- wp-stateless 2.1.1 -> 2.1.2
- wordpress-se 6.2 -> 6.3
- admin-menu-editor 1.8.1 -> 1.8.2
- wp-mail-smtp 1.2.4 -> 1.2.5
- wp-sitemap-page 1.6 -> 1.6.1
- so-widgets-bundle 1.11.3 -> 1.11.4
- wp-job-manager 1.29.2 -> 1.29.3
- simple-staff-list 1.0.1 -> 2.0.2
- national-weather-service-alerts 1.3.4 -> 1.3.5
- elasticpress 2.4.1 -> 2.4.2