Starting with this release we’re changing our release strategy a bit. Instead of releasing every 2 weeks, we’re now releasing new features as soon as they’re through our QA process. This has meant that some weeks we’ve released two or three small updates to customer sites.
The final big change we made was to move our internal repositories off Google hosting to Github. We had experience intermittent issues with access to repositories via Google which meant sometimes a plugin would not be installed as expected on a site. Moving to Github has meant that plugins and themes are installed every time.
What’s Up Next
The next releases will focus on getting us ready for PHP 8 and revamping our Kubernetes setup so we can more effectively deal with spam form submissions. This update will come around December 15th.
- Fixed Add to Calendar button so it provides details for events: #2117
- Added multi-level drag and drop quick menus: #2083.
- Changed out WP Proud Admin so that we can add settings without adding plugin dependencies: 2022.11.03.0952
- Updated the publish metabox so you can see more detail: #2090
- upgraded all Google hosted repositories to Github version to stop repository downtime while building a pod: #2125
- Changed CSS and JS versions to help eliminate caching issues when we update a theme: #2126
WordPress Core Update:
- Updated WordPress Core to 6.1
Third-party plugin updates:
- Admin Menu Editor 1.10.3 -> 1.10.4
- Broken Link Checker 1.11.18 -> 1.11.20
- Events Manager 6.1.3 -> 6.1.4
- Site Origin Panels 2.17.0 -> 2.18.4
- Popup Maker 1.16.10 -> 1.16.14
- Post Expirator 2.7.8 -> 2.8.0
- Say What 2.1.1 -> 2.1.2
- SO Widgets Bundle 1.43.0 -> 1.44.0
- WP Job Manager 1.38.0 -> 1.38.1
- WordPress SEO 19.8 -> 19.10
- WP Sitemap Page 1.9.1 -> 1.9.2
ProudCity is a digital government platform that makes it easy and cost-effective to launch and manage all aspects of digital government operations, including websites, meetings, online forms and payments.