Public meetings are a fundamental component of government operations, and many of the cities we work with have asked about or requested a simple, affordable publishing tool — for calendars, minutes, agendas, videos — that seamlessly integrates with their websites.
We’re proud to announce the launch of ProudCity Meetings, a new feature that lets governments easily and affordably publish and maintain meeting calendars, minutes, agendas and videos.
What’s important about ProudCity Meetings is that it supports public meeting information access requirements that are written into law, including specifications on how governments must present this information.
For example, starting January 1, 2019, California Code Section 54954.2 requires that cities, counties and other government agencies:
- Must publish meeting agendas 72 hours before meetings
- Agendas should be “(i) Retrievable, downloadable, indexable, and electronically searchable by commonly used Internet search applications. (ii) Platform independent and machine readable. (iii) Available to the public free of charge and without any restriction that would impede the reuse or redistribution of the agenda.”
- Agenda items include brief general description (not to exceed 20 words) of each item of business to be transacted or discussed, including closed session discussion items
- Agendas shall specify the time and location of the regular meeting and shall be posted in a location that is freely accessible to members of the public and on the agency’s website (if the local agency has one).
- An online posting of an agenda shall be posted on the primary website homepage of a city, county, city and county, special district, school district, or political subdivision established by the state that is accessible through a prominent, direct link to the current agenda.
Particularly for smaller municipalities, current problems with existing online government meetings offerings include:
- Rigid interface
- Not integrated with website search / content management system
- Not interoperable
- Outdated, proprietary technology
- Lightweight, easy-to-use
- Customizable interface
- Integrated with website search / content management system
- Modern, open technology
ProudCity Meetings features meet these requirements and more, including the ability to:
- Publish meeting agendas/minutes/videos
- Customize meetings pages
- Add meetings widget to any page
- List upcoming meetings
- Categorize/display meetings by type (city council, planning, etc.)
- Publish minutes/agendas in text/PDF
- Embed YouTube video
- Embed SoundCloud audio
- Bookmark YouTube video
- Display past meetings archive
- Search meetings from site search
- Advance search with Search+Docs (coming soon)
- Share to social media
- Get directions via Google Maps
- Add events to your personal calendar